Neatniks will argue that a tidy and orderly work area is absolutely essential to doing effective work. Messier people, on the other hand, will argue that there is a “method to the madness” and that clutter does not necessarily translate to disorganization.
Work Productivity Through Organization
1. Start with the papers.
The flurry of papers that descends on your desk every day can be challenging at best, seemingly impossible at worst, to tame. Begin with this spring cleaning task because it is usually the most difficult, and everything else will be easy by comparison.
Divide your papers into piles according to category, then file them in a way that you will be able to find and access them easily. This can be as simple as clearly labeling file folders and keeping them in a rack on your desk or as intricate as color-coding and alphabetizing folders in a large filing cabinet—use whatever system works for you, just as long as every paper has a home. Ask for help from an organizationally gifted colleague if you are having trouble getting started. If you maintain this system, you will notice a positive change in your work productivity.
2. Find a place for everything.
Are you familiar with the saying, “A place for everything, and everything in its place”? Many times, a messy workspace is created when you simply don’t know where to put your possessions. Look closely at your desk and its drawers and identify the items that always seem to be in the way and have nowhere to go. Now think of a solution you can implement to improve your organization. For example, if you have a habit of pasting Post-It reminders all over your desk and then losing track of them, consider putting them up on a bulletin board instead. If you have a drawer full of loose paperclips, pens and highlighters, buy a segmented drawer organizer to make it easier to find what you need.
3. Get your hands on cleaning products.
When was the last time you actually wiped down your desktop or computer? A lot of dust and grime has probably accumulated since then, so finish your spring cleaning with a thorough dusting. Clean the desktop with a damp rag and a little spray cleaner; tackle the computer screen and keyboard with electronic wipes and a can of air duster.
Do you find that having a tidy workspace improves your work productivity? Do you have any plans to do a desk spring cleaning?
CLICK HERE TO BROWSE:
HOLIDAY GREETING CARDS
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
|We offer a wide assortment of Greeting Cards for your business .
Please look at a sampling of our finest cards.
Click here for a great promotional product idea:
USB Car Charger
Don’t put off tackling your office clutter. Integrate spring-cleaning into your weekly routine. An organized and clean workspace can raise productivity, motivation and even change the way you are perceived in the office. Where to start can be an overwhelming, so use these tips to jumpstart your transformation today.
1. Put aside just 15 minutes a week. Choose a quiet/slow time to reduce the possibility for interruptions. I find the end of the day on Friday works great.
4. Assess your space with an editing eye. Get rid of unhealthy plants, holiday decorations, dirty dishes, and only keep one or two personal artifacts that you find motivational.
According to Melissa Doster, Gwinnett OfficeTeam branch manager for Robert Half International, “Many employees are taking on heavier workloads, so non-monetary benefits such as March Madness activities have an especially important role right now in keeping workers motivated in their positions.”
2. Employers can hold viewing parties during a brown bag lunch or potluck meal.
3. Sponsor informal competition by encouraging employees to wear their favorite team’s apparel or decorate their workspaces in celebration with awards for the best team spirit.
4. If you’re interested in holding March Madness activities in your office, run the concept by your manager or the committee/individual who normally organizes social activities.
Add credibility to your business and keep up with the latest technology and innovation in the industry: Having an online presence adds credibility to your business and shows potential customers that you are serious about providing the best service and that you are current on the latest technology. Businesses that keep up with technology are known to also keep up with the latest innovations in the field, so customers will trust your business to bring them the best products and services on the market.
Stay ahead of the competition and expand your customer base: A website enables you to stay ahead of and keep up with your competition. If your competition is online, they will be finding all of the customers searching for products and services in your industry. Without a website you are missing out on all that business. A professionally designed website also allows you to expand your business into new markets far beyond the local customer base that you used to reach with print ads or the yellow pages.
Enjoy a more cost effective and versatile approach than traditional marketing: Using the web provides a large cost advantage over other types of marketing. Online you have unlimited space and an unlimited number of web pages to promote your business and each product or service that you offer. In print, you may only have a few sentences or a brochure that grows quickly out-of-date. The web is versatile and you can customize different web pages for different types of customers, products or services.
Increase your profits today: Creating a professional website for your business is a powerful investment in your company’s future. It can dramatically increase the number of customers who find your products and services by expanding your customer base from local to international. A website will allow you to reach more customers, to respond quickly to market changes and to provide the best customer service.
1. Develops ongoing company identity.
2. Self promotion of your company and professionalism.
3. Corporate apparel is a form of advertising at affordable prices.
4. Establishes an automatic business dress code.
5. Improves employee morale through a more casual work environment.
6. Creates greater employee/employer loyalty.
7. Blurs the psychological barriers between the staff which promotes better communication.
8. Solves the endless employee dilemma of "What shall I wear to work today?"
9. Custom imprinted apparel can be used for safety programs and sales incentives.
10. Custom embroidered corporate apparel provides an image of quality.
Create room for corporate apparel in your marketing budget. It is an easy way to regularly outfit your staff, brand your company, and create the image of quality and professionalism.